Found Super splitter in Southern VT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FWWARDEN

Dec 1, 2008
West Windsor, Vermont
So after dropping by every hardware store I passed since July, and only finding the smaller Fiskars products; the Super Splitter is now mine. Turns out Woodstock Hardware had them. Had to pay $54 instead of the $35 or so guys are getting them for online. I initially balked at the extra 19 bucks, but knowing how well their smaller axe works, I just couldn't walk out without it. I've always liked splitting axes more than mauls, hoping this will be the last one I ever buy, I've been through three HD axes and mauls since 2006, hope this thing is tougher.

Well, I haven't given my SS a workout, yet, but I did attack some smaller rounds this morning. The only thing so far, is that I might have to get a taller chopping block. At 24" it seems a little too low for me - besides needing to be made into a few splits. I'm going to try one at 30" and see how it "feels"

The hatchet, that I also just received, works great inside to make some quick kindling off of some splits.

Just watch the "bounce-back" as mentioned in an earlier thread. I can see this thing coming back at ya at a higher speed.

Good luck, and welcome to the Fiskars Family :)

Status
Not open for further replies.