Found this old Trail.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Thought it was going to be more work getting the beech and cherry out of here until tonight when I found this trail while picking leeks. The last picture is the trail leading to the beech and cherry.

zap

Cool Zap

Ya gotta love old trails!!

Billy

Cowboy Billy said:
Cool Zap

Ya gotta love old trails!!

Billy

Makes things easier, I think that is the last place I never worked. Looks like with some more clearing I'll be able to get the truck up there, thats after the 8-12 inches they are calling for in snow!

Zap

Most of the old trails I've found have been from tripping into the wheel ruts of haul out equipment.
I figure 75 to 100 years ago. They either had some nice winches or used horses to drag trees to the trails.
Some of the old stumps still haven't rotted. I wish I could ID the kind of trees they originally were.

Status
Not open for further replies.