Found!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Over the winter I pinched the bar while cutting this Cherry, took the power head off but lost the bar nut so today I took the magnetic puck back in just for the hell of it, on one of the last sweeps it found the magnetic puck.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4896-001.JPG
    100_4896-001.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 100_4897-001.JPG
    100_4897-001.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 157
That's always nice. Now you have a spare.

Now you have 5 spares!

I lost one in the backyard last March & spare key on a loop of 12 ga. copper wire to padlock on storage shed not long afterwards.Nut probably been stomped down in the mud,who knows where that key went. Probably some bluejay or crow thought it was a cool shiny thing for their nest lol.Did replace the padlock that same day just case someone in the neighborhood found it.Dont want to make things to easy for any thieves....

Reactions: ScotO
When I go back, I always find it exactly where I dropped it. Why? Seems like I would find it the day it was dropped.

Magnets can be wonderful tools.

I lose stuff all the time. That's the main reason I bought an old metal detector on eBay. Those metal detectors are nice to have around. Looks like that magnet did the trick today for ya, zap......

I lose stuff all the time. That's the main reason I bought an old metal detector on eBay. Those metal detectors are nice to have around. Looks like that magnet did the trick today for ya, zap......
I gotta get one of those for my wife...she loses her keys and/or her cell phone at least once a week.:rolleyes:

That's neat finding something that small, but I lost a loping shears. How do you lose something that big - with 2 foot long handles on it? Still don't know where it is....

I hate losing my nuts.

Reactions: MasterMech and zap
Here's a crazy story. I was netting bats on a river in CT about 10 years ago. Washed my hands in the water, shook them, and my wedding band plunked right in the water. Gone. Looked for a long time but never found it. Left my card with the nearest homeowner to the spot - just in case a ring was ever found. Left that job for my current job in NH and about 6 years later I get a call from my old secretary. A person had called about a ring. I called back and it turned out that the same homeowner's son was on a dirt bike by the river, spun is wheel and saw a shiny thing kick up. Yep, my ring. Had it back by mail about a week later and I'm looking at it right now. Still can't believe it! Cheers!

Reactions: ScotO and zap
Status
Not open for further replies.