Four-Tube Fireplace Heater from 1970s-80s

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Nov 7, 2020
Central Virginia
Hello. I have come to this site with the hope of finding guidance. I haven't had a chance to search through all previous discussions, so please don't hesitate to refer me to a particular thread if you think it would help.

The home I purchased has a fireplace that is about 22" (D) x 37" (H) x 48" (W). The fireplace has a four-tube heater with a blower. Air is forced from the blower into a manifold on the firebox floor, shunted through pipes that reach from the front of the firebox to the rear, to the top, across the firebox ceiling, and is then ejected into the room. The heater appears to be made of steel though the pipes may be aluminum.

The blower has a 4" centrifugal fan with a 3" x 3" square opening where it connects to the manifold. It is manufactured by braun and is controlled by a variable speed knob.

Overall, the heater works very well. However, the blower is original and is very noisy. We would like to replace it.

I have tried my best to find a replacement but have had no luck. Can anyone help in any way?