Foxes still on parade

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
They are getting a little too comfortable back there...
cute as heck.

Makes me wish I had a better camera!

Attachments

• DSC00397.jpg
    DSC00397.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 417
  • DSC00375_2.jpg
    DSC00375_2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 427
  • DSC00386.jpg
    DSC00386.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 427
I have a couple young ones in the woods behind me too. They usually don't play in my yard but in the woods just behind the house. Sometimes in my compost pile too. I think my cats keep them away that little bit extra.

What a cool thing to experience !

Very rarely do we see fox here, but if we do,it's usually around Brookhaven Lab. I've seen them on the parkway, even 40 + years ago.

I gotta get some wild turkey pics, they released hens & toms have REALLY proliferated here. It was a good plan to breed and release them in the Pine Barrens.

Nice! We have lots a fox's around here but to see them usually it's threw binoculars or your static in a tree stand. Country fox's are very leary of people if they know your around they make themselves scarce...

...unless of course you have baby chickens or geese then they'll sneak around and stay out of your sight within 30 feet of you and as soon as you turn your back and walk away they will strike. They'll do it over and over and there's not a thing you can do about it. A very clever and audacious predator.

This seems to be a good year for foxes. During most years we can anticipate a few fox sightings each month. This year I am having a few back yard sightings each week. A pair has a den in the woods across from my house and they may now have kittens. I sometimes see one of the parents hauling a mouth full of food (woodchuck) toward their den.

Country living sure is great!

John_M

I wish we had some out our way... I bet they would keep the squirrel population down! Nice photos :)

Status
Not open for further replies.