FP30 - A new contemporary look fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Looks like PE just announced a new zc fireplace based off of the Summit. It's designed to mount either low or higher for a free-floating look. There is an optional heat transfer kit to duct warm air into other rooms. This year there are lots of new designs coming out from stove makers. I like it.

FP30.PNG

http://www.pacificenergy.net/pacificenergy/fp30.php

I was considering it, but I prefer the fan assisted heat zone ducting on the Kozy Heat rather than the gravity kit. I do like the looks of the PE better though. My wife has signed off on the Kozy Heat, but I'm going to wait a couple more seasons and work on getting this new barn I'm in tightened up and insulated.

Haven't priced this unit, but I'm fairly certain the Kozy Heat will come in much cheaper too. I hope to see more contemporary designs from manufacturers. The more classic looking units like the FPX and Quad 7100 would look ridiculous in my house.

It has a nice wide fireview and should be a pretty serious heater for homes under 3000 sq ft.

Status
Not open for further replies.