FPX blower issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Got Wood

Minister of Fire
Oct 22, 2008
Dutchess Cty, NY
This morning I noticed cold air blowing into the room from the "vent" on the bottom of the FPX 44 unit. When I adjusted the blower speed the volume of air changed with it. I have never noticed this before (installed over a year ago). Any ideas what could have happened or things to check? I certainly dont want to be blowing cold air into the house.
My install does bring in air from outside. Outside temps are cold but not exceptionally or different from other days. There is a remote chance this always happened and I never noticed but not likely. I really think something changed to caused this, no clue what.
Ideas?

Your not suppsed to pull outside air with the 44.
They make a cold Envirenment kit that may help Contact Travis or I can email you the instal for the upgrade kit. I did not spend the money on their kit just made the changes.

I had to update mine with this kit and change my blower to pull inside air and re-do the p-trap
I had this problem with my original install where I was getting cold air and excesive cold air comming in and curculation thru the box.
It's now holding temp much better and little cold air curculates thru the unit and I have high winds in my area

Status
Not open for further replies.