1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

FPX Large Flush Insert Failing? Help!

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by The Man, Jan 15, 2013.

1. PLAYS WITH FIRE

PLAYS WITH FIRE Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Are you able to see/find any mechanical components and maybe break them loose?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jdp1152

jdp1152 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Massachusetts
    I'll check in the morning. Not feeling terribly inclined to tinker with a brand new stove after burning a few kindling splits. Search of this site shows that people have experienced sicking of the bypass on other FPX inserts.
  3. jdp1152

jdp1152 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Massachusetts
    I checked again. It's working now, but I can see it sliding open and closed, though it's not smooth like one would want. I'm going to start another thread so as to not hijack this one. Feeling like there might be some installation issues or something.
  4. hotjava66

hotjava66 New Member

Loc:
    Michigan
    The bypass rod runs through the output/liner connection. I had to notch the liner starter to clear it. Maybe they didn't notch it enough or the liner dropped a bit and put pressure on it.