FPX Split- Length

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burner73

Jul 22, 2008
NY
Just curious if anyone out there with an FPX uses stove length splits and loads North-South?
If so, did you use more std length splits previously. Happier with one result over the other?

Burner73 said:
Just curious if anyone out there with an FPX uses stove length splits and loads North-South?
If so, did you use more std length splits previously. Happier with one result over the other?

What is an FPX?

Ray

I like a mix of lengths. The N-S loads seem to help keep falling splits off the doors. The shorties are also good to fill the sides when loading up heavy.

Burner73 said:
Ray-

See avatar for Got Wood.

Ah very nice looking insert! Really like the timeless look of stone too..

Ray

I have the FPX 33. i usually try to leave a channel in the ash that is center of the firebox, running N/S (to allow the air to get to the back, or plut a single n/s running split on the side to prop up some of the wood) then load it E/W. The splits would have to be way too short to do N/S.

Status
Not open for further replies.