FPX36 Chimney offset issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

artfink

Feb 12, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Think I've decided on the FPX 36. Now an issue.

This will go in a daylight basement on a 45 degree angle to an outside and inside wall. No problems with the cool vents or the the blower vent. I do have an issue with the chimney.

Ceiling is 86 inches, then a sophet which I can use which is 8" I believe (haven't broken into it yet). Then 2x8 floor joists. So I have approximately 102 inches vertically but 98 would be more realistic to maintain clearnaces. The center of the pipe to the wall is 22.25 plus another 3ish to get to the farthest edge of the pipe. Then I have 2x8 walls and then I need a couple more inches for clearnace and sheathing materials on the inside and outside of the house. So i'm looking at having to move about 36.5 inches on the run with only 57 on the rise if the stove is directly on the floor.

Not good, and I don't think it is possible.

My question is, can I inset the stove (if the studs are in the right place) into the exterior wall a couple inches? To proportion things I would have to do the same on the interior wall but it is going to back into the back side of a bedroom closet so that would be easy I think.

Thoughts? Other solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.