FPX36 Wood Burner - Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

artfink

Feb 12, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Hello all,

Used my FPX36 for the first time yesterday and again today. Questioning the blower. While I think I feel air coming out the faceplate area, I also question if it is just the heat flow radiating off the glass. How strong should the airflow be from the blower? For example, if I hang a strip of tissue paper in front should it just move a little, or should it blow up significantly.

As for the construction, what size "opening" is that air coming through? I'm trying to compare the cfm's of a good bathroom fan (110 cfm) to this blower (388 cfm) and it just doesnt seem the airflow is there.

Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks

NEVERMIND ! ! . After initial installation I wasn't happy with the way they attached the rigid portion of the blower pipe to the stove. Therefore, I had opened the blower, removed the blower, and did some work. When I reinstalled the blower I didn't realize the baffle has to be lifted into the pipe prior the securing. I had accidentally screwed the baffle closed.

Glad I was concerned.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.