Franklin stove....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram 1500 with an axe...

Minister of Fire
Mar 26, 2013
New Jersey
Hi all, can you please tell me anything and all about this stove? Neighbor is selling it. Has an offer for $60, will sell it to. Me for $45, I'm thinking it would be nice to cook some soup on it next to my outdoor firepit that has the meat and potatoes on it. I appreciate all the wisdom you can provide, I don't need it but it looks to be in great shape and seems like a nice deal, so please help me out.....thank you..... image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

That is not a Franklin stove. They are more like a fireplace with doors. This stove is a Taiwanese knock-off of a Jotul 602. It's a common find and topic in the Classics forum. This one looks to be in reasonable condition. It would be nice for a shop, greenhouse, or smaller room.

Thanks, any worth? Would it be ok to fire up in back yard with out piping?

image.jpg Said franklin on side, so you are saying this is like buying a Gucci bag on the street in Chinatown? Thanks....

Great, thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.