Frankln Cast Products

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gem1

Dec 4, 2005
Hi All,

Newby here :~) I have a "new" Franklin Cast Product stove. The paper on it says "Scandia Stove model 100". It was purchased about 1980 and never used.

I have a camp in the mountains with a 12X24 shed next to it. I'm thinking of installing the stove in the shed to keep it warm when I work in there over the winter. The stove is about a foot wide, two feet high and maybe 2 1/2 feet long. It has no fire bricks in it. It must weigh at least 300 pounds. There is no book with it.

Does anyone know anything about this stove? Will it work okay to heat the shed? Anything I need to know about installing it?

All help and/or comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Guy

Paging Mr. Issod. Call in the lobby for Craig Issod.

lil buck said:
Hi All,

Newby here :~) I have a "new" Franklin Cast Product stove. The paper on it says "Scandia Stove model 100". It was purchased about 1980 and never used.

I have a camp in the mountains with a 12X24 shed next to it. I'm thinking of installing the stove in the shed to keep it warm when I work in there over the winter. The stove is about a foot wide, two feet high and maybe 2 1/2 feet long. It has no fire bricks in it. It must weigh at least 300 pounds. There is no book with it.

Does anyone know anything about this stove? Will it work okay to heat the shed? Anything I need to know about installing it?

All help and/or comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Guy

see the thread:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/258/

I suppose if it is installed correctly with Class A chimney, etc. etc that it might be OK to heat a shed...

Status
Not open for further replies.