1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Freakin' Humidity

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by subsailor, Jul 3, 2013.

1. firebroad

firebroad Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carroll County, MD
    Have a friend with dry skin. She loves Florida (bay side) this time of year.::-)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. slls

slls Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine Lat 45
    Another ?. How come nobody hangs out clothes anymore. I grew up with a clothe line at home, I still hang out weather permitting. US is a energy hog.
  3. firebroad

Loc:
    Carroll County, MD
    Some of those communities with covenants actually won't let you hang your laundry out--that being said, us wood burners would probably be banned, too.

I don't hang mine outside, the birds "decorate" the clothes too much.<> What I do is tumble the clothes in the drying for a few minutes, then transfer them either straight to hangers, or to a clothesline I have strung in the basement. They dry nice and wrinkle-free. Some things like socks and sheets and underwear and such go straight to the line.
    Joful likes this.
  4. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

We hang ours out all the time ! The dryer is an electricity pig and doesn't smell half as good in my opinion.

Pete
  5. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    We hang our clothes on racks indoors to dry. Too many allergy sufferers in the family to hang outdoors.
  6. Brokenwing

Brokenwing Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northern Maryland
    I agree in the summer time, all the clothes go out on the line, helps save a little electricity.
  7. firebroad

Loc:
    Carroll County, MD
    Once upon a time, humidity was only part of the summer in the Midatlantic, not the norm. There were days when I hung out the wash to dry and by the time I got to the end of the line, I could start back at the beginning and take it down.:)
  8. Brokenwing

Brokenwing Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northern Maryland
    I saw before when you posted that you are in finksburg, im just north of you in taneytown, small world.
  9. goldfishcastle

goldfishcastle Member

Loc:
    Montana
    Haven't used the dryer in a few years. We hang clothes on a clothes line in the basement and adjacent mudroom. Helps add a little moisture to the house which is a good thing here. Noticed a big dip in the electric bill when we switched to this method. Towels were the hard part but we found some quick dry towels and they are soft even when line dried inside.