Free 4' oak logs, 16 total logs, great firewood (New britain)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Belly

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2011
Connecticut
Reactions: Mitch Newton
Wow that looks like an easy pick there. A little heavy at 4' each. Could you cut them there on site?

It's kind of interesting that people who don't burn or have their own chainsaw recognize that there is value in firewood. Probably why those logs are so neatly stacked between the house and the fence. So after doing their own hoarding from their own yard (probably after a tree company cut the trees) they realize that the best way to get that part of their yard back is to just give the wood away. Good for those who are properly equipped!!!!

sure looks like ash bark to me.......which may be better for the right person because it seasons a lot faster. Someone please go and get this free wood!

Interesting how he finangled them in between the building and the fence like that........must be really cramped for space or have a wife that doesn't want to see them laying around!!;)

I saw this on CL this morning it is only 10 minutes away. I do think it is ash as well.

Sitting 20+ cords CSS, maybe next time.

KC

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Nice ash score!

sure looks like ash bark to me.......which may be better for the right person because it seasons a lot faster. Someone please go and get this free wood!

Interesting how he finangled them in between the building and the fence like that........must be really cramped for space or have a wife that doesn't want to see them laying around!!;)

Ash for sure. I don't see how anybody could get those logs in or out without making a mess of the siding.

That was my first thought, too. Maybe 'oak' just means 'wood'.

The first 2 "oak" scrounges I went after last year were elm and mulberry.

I sent it to my dad, he is in Brookfield and could sure use it.
I hope he gets there in time......I'm in Bethel, next town over from Brookfield. I'd grab it, but the Wife sez "No more till ya straighten out what ya got !!"

Status
Not open for further replies.