Free Access to ~10 Acres of Woods in Southampton, MA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eujamfh

Dec 5, 2009
va
I have a co worker that is looking to clear about ten acres of trees (mixed hardwood and some pine) from his property. The property is in Southampton, Massachusetts (zip code 01073). He is doing a little each year for the past couple ears and I told him there may be some guys interested in helping fell trees if they could have the wood.

I told him that I would post here to see if there are any persons interested in talking with him about working something out. If you are interested, the property is apparently accessable, there are no structures or lines to be concerned about.

If you are interested, send me a note with your contact details and I will pass it along.

Cheers,
Matt

I have read that 10 aces is enough to supply a single home for a lifetime if managed correctly.

They have planting plans for the property from what I understand. So I do not think it would be a long term use but rather, come get what you want over the next X years and when they have it cleared…then that would be it.

Is it still available? I see this was posted in 2009.

Is it still available? I see this was posted in 2009.

The original poster, Matt, came to the site in '09, but he posted this Wednesday.

Good luck,

pen

As I tell my opponents in billiards, "it's all about the leave". In harvesting wood, "it's all about the wedge". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.