Free Bamboo CL ad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyD

Minister of Fire
Jun 15, 2008
South Jersey
This has nothing to do with burning or woodstoves but it is one of the kookiest CL Ads I have ever seen.

Some people just have no clue.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/zip/3940724237.html

I copied it in case it disappears.

Bamboos for FREE!!!!!! (marlton, NJ)
I have a lot of bamboos growing in my yard that I want to get rid of. You are going to have to dig and take them all. There are hundreds of them. Most of them are over 10 ft. If you are interested please email or text at 215-301-$#@#.

Lots of people around here grow bamboo in their yards. Looks cool. Maybe they have a Panda to feed.

I have a bunch of bamboo growing in my yard. I planted it back in 2003 as a barrier to my hot tub. The tub is located on the concrete slab under my high deck. It took a couple years for it to be established and then BOOM, it's growing really well. Now it also acts as a privacy barrier for the high deck! It seems to grow 1 year underground and then 1 year growing with thicker and taller shoots. This past year was an undergruond year so 2014 should see some huge shoots.

A good friend of mine makes world-class flyrods out of bamboo.....and let me tell ya, they are incredibly beautiful, functional, and very EXPENSIVE!!

Not sure how bamboo would do here in the central PA mountains, with the winters we usually get.....I always liked the look of bamboo.....

Bamboo grows well in cold temps. Be sure you want it before you plant it. It will not be easy to remove. Very invasive stuff. Wonderfully vesitile plant, though.

I like bamboo too but I ain't clearing any bodies yard of it for free. A friend of mine got rid of his and needed a backhoe to dig it up. Those clumps are nasty.

Reactions: ScotO
Isn't that crap on the invasive list in some places?

Status
Not open for further replies.