Free Breeze Fan ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Cll,

No I don't have one but I wrote an email to find out what they cost. They look pretty cool.

I also looked at the heatwave sterling engine fan website and WHAT IS GOING ON? About 6 months ago these fans came up on the forum too. I checked the prices then ($149 incuding shipping) seemed fair so I started saving up. Then I checked again 3 months ago $179 plus shipping. And today I checked again and now it is $199 plus shipping. price increased 33% in 6 months! Who are they kidding? Just because they got a VESTA price they think they can get away with higher prices?

What do you guys think?

Carpniels

PS. I like the free breeze better because it has a screen protecting the fan blade.

Hi cll,

I got a response. The price is $225 plus $25 in shipping. Seems high.

carpniels

Hi warmguy,

Thanks for the reply. You are correct. I looked at my vornado fan and it uses 112 W/hr. I never run it full blast, so I wonder how much I really use. At that price, it is more of a gimmick than a real saver.

I saw the heat wave fan that was 150 including shipping. That seemed worth it. Now I am off the market.

Carpniels

For $250 you would be better off getting a couple cords of wood would produce more energy

Status
Not open for further replies.