Free BTU's Baby

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

A tree came down in the grounds of the building where I work. As I am driving into the parking lot I see a tree service truck leaving the premises and as i drive further I see about 25 rounds nicely cut and stacked at the end of the parking lot. I went to the maintenance shop even before I walked into my office and asked one of the guys what was the deal with the wood. Lucky for me John says, you want it? its yours. Badabing Badabum I have just inherited what appears to be 25 to 30 rounds which are about 20 inches long and about 12 inches in diameter. I have all the time to bring them home so slowly but surely I will daily bring about 6 pieces home. From the looks of it, it appears to be Locust, I asked John what kind it was and the guy tells me, ITs A BIG tree. lol.

Attachments

• Locust.jpg
    Locust.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 391
  • locust1.jpg
    locust1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 392
Nice...that's locust for sure...that's primo btu's

Great score. It don't get much better than that :)
I think it's locust too. You can tell better when yo split it.

That's a good score. I would get it out of there as soon as possible before someone else takes it.

Nice score, I would get it home ASAP before someone else offers john the maintenance man lunch for the wood. Trust me, john will kick you to the curb in a "new York" minute for a free lunch! Lol....:)

Hahahha. Good point. I don't think anyone will get to it. The premises have controlled access and I got Johnny a nice italian combo sandwich and free computer services. I split some of the rounds and stacked them. They have a 35% moisture content so this is goos for next year or there after.

KatWill said:
Hahahha. Good point. I don't think anyone will get to it. The premises have controlled access and I got Johnny a nice italian combo sandwich and free computer services. I split some of the rounds and stacked them. They have a 35% moisture content so this is goos for next year or there after.

Well played.

They'll dry pretty quick.

Nice score . . . and yeah . . . black locust.

Status
Not open for further replies.