Free Fire Wood in Central Mass - Not a CL funny

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveswoodhauler

Minister of Fire
May 20, 2008
Massachusetts
Time to repair/replace that trailer. Missing too many opportunities like that will lead to expensive counseling.

Its funny.....I check c/l everyday for the last year.....never/never have i seen free oak in this area...always free pine, which I have scrounged on occasion.
So, busted axle, and a week later possibly 2-1/2 cords of oak within 5 miles of me.....I gotta go out and save someone or something as I must have some bad karma goin on :)

newstove said:
The one in Holden is in the beetle zone (or so the address in the reply I got says when I checked the map.)

Can you transport if you are in the zone? i.e. if the wood is in the zone, and you are also in the zone, can you pick it up? Or is it you can't move it at all?

ilikewood said:
Can you transport if you are in the zone? i.e. if the wood is in the zone, and you are also in the zone, can you pick it up? Or is it you can't move it at all?

No. Term 5 of the ALB order specifically says:

"No Person shall harvest, cut, move, carry, transport or ship (or authorize or allow any other Person to do the same) Regulated Articles within or outside of the Affected Area during the Quarantine Period, unless specifically authorized in writing by the Commissioner of the Department of Conservation and Recreation."

Here is the website link for anyone wondering about the Worcester County ALB Quarantine program:

http://www.ci.worcester.ma.us/cmo/beetles.htm

Ah, thanks.

I believe Its 25000$ fine per piece and a year in jail if you get caught.

ilikewood said:
Its funny.....I check c/l everyday for the last year.....never/never have i seen free oak in this area...always free pine, which I have scrounged on occasion.
So, busted axle, and a week later possibly 2-1/2 cords of oak within 5 miles of me.....I gotta go out and save someone or something as I must have some bad karma goin on :)

I found in South Jersey its best to check several times a day. Good scores don't last more then an hour or so. Funny though, my last score never made craigs list and sat for nearly two weeks before the homeowner contacted me.

Status
Not open for further replies.