Free firewood for years thanks to IKE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockey

Minister of Fire
Dec 18, 2007
SW Ohio
Unexpected 70-80 mph winds blew here from 11 am til about 5:30 pm. There are an unbelievable amount of trees down! Power outages are expected to last about 3-5 days. I am so glad I dont work in the Power Supervisors office(Duke Energy) anymore. They must have some major transmission lines down or it would be a pretty simple matter of switching load over to different substations. Anywho I am working off inverter power and this is the plan for backup power in the winter time in case we lose power. I've had to do this before in the winter to keep the fan going on the insert.

I took a trip this afternoon and found over a dozen trees blown down into the road. Countless numbers of other tree strewn about peoples yards, on top of cars, houses, etc. It was like a major severe storm that hit with no rain and it lasted for about 6 hours! I plan to collect wood all week, From what I saw there were plenty of pine, hackberry, oak, maple trees down. All the osages lost their monkey brains. Seeing some of the trees bend over almost horizontal was a sight to behold. Oh well in a few weeks it will be but a memory. Anyone else out there experience the wind storm?

Wind howling now up here in NE OH, Rockey. All the old silver maples in my town are shedding smaller branches right and left. Had a brief power outage earlier in the night. Might be some good opportunities to pick up firewood tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.