Free firewood from friend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I was over at a friend of mines house and he told me that he had some left over firewood from when he had a fire that he wanted to give to me. So, here is yesterday's free score!

Attachments

• 0719111848.jpg
    0719111848.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 364
Not really the type of score we are used to seeing, but half a days heat for free and zero effort is always OK in my book.

LOL Now there is a MONSTER score.

Shawn

Wow, I guess it's true that wood shrinks as it dries. There's almost nothing left! :lol:

ikessky said:
Not really the type of score we are used to seeing, but half a days heat for free and zero effort is always OK in my book.

Half a day? For me thats about 3-4 hours midday, barely a full firebox for overnight.

OP, you should have run home and gotten your flatbed for that load.

I hope he helped you load it.

Seriously though,I'm always glad to add to my stacks,dont matter if its 1 armload or 3 cords in one haul.It all adds up.

You need to center that big load, your truck is listing to starboard.

Steve, it is a good thing you took the truck rather than the car.

good score..

what kind of wood is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.