Free heat/domestic water

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yooperdave

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2010
Michigan's U.P.
Every year, i search for a good place to pick up some "free btu's" that can usually be found at old loggin sites. This years "free" heat lasted for 8 weeks, as I am about to use up the rest of what I scrounged by the end of the week. Nice thing about the OWB is that I get free hot water from it also. Now for the rest of the winter, I'll be using wood that I actually had to PAY for!! Unless...you know, the snow cover is not all that bad here, yet...

Reactions: zap
you did good by getting 8 weeks worth, that's a long time for "free"...

Yooper, how much snow do you have left now. Big one heading your way now too.

Yooper, how much snow do you have left now. Big one heading your way now too.
Hey Dennis! Merry Christmas to you and the Ornery One!! Hope your back is better from that fall... The snow on the ground up here is pretty much non-existant. Barely enough to track, you know?? Not all the ski hills are open yet, and of course, the sno-mo trails are not, either. Unusual. Supposed to get what the weather channel calls "significant amounts" on Thursday, but they have been way off so far this year...Actually thy've been wrong every time. (Maybe they've been too busy thinking of names for the systems since they now name the "snow storms" too) 99 has been dead on in her predictions so far, and for what its worth, she's thinking that this one will miss us, too. Take care and I'll let you know if we get nailed or not.

Hey Yooper, Merry Christmas to you and the little one too. Hope you get some snow from this storm. They already are starting to cut down on what they were forecasting. Probably nothing but a coating or maybe an inch for us but I really don't mind. Been falling too much lately and the snow and ice would not be the best thing right now so we'll try to send it all north. For sure it must really be strange with the type of winters you seen even up there. It just rarely happens and by now you should have some good size snow banks.

Status
Not open for further replies.