Free Hickory: Score!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richg

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
I can't believe this one. A neighbor up the road from me stops by a few weeks back and says he has a big tree on his property that needs to be cut down, and do I want the wood. He describes the tree and it sounds like a shagbark hickory. His tree guy confirmed it, and they are going to buck it into 18 inch lengths and dump it on my property for free. I'm going to the liquor store to buy him a nice bottle of wine for that move.

Given my current supply, that wood will probably be for the 2013-2014 burning season. I'm really digging this "get a few years ahead" thing!

Man that was sounding good and then it went to great with " we will drop it off at your house" Why can't i run into one of those

Rich, if you have too much, just drop some in my driveway.

You should never burn shagbark hickory in your wood stove...

... you should burn it in mine. Nice score, you lucky dog! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.