FREE Husky 445

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clemsonfor

Minister of Fire
Dec 15, 2011
Greenwood county, SC
I thought i was going to start a rebuild thread.... Got the first of a few saws. I had another thread started on rebuilding but this one does not need it!

Its a 445, he thought i guess that it was a 142 is why i posted yesterday about that saw. Said he will bring me all the saws that he does not need for parts.

Told me it may have a carb issue, need rebuild or something. That you have to "maybe" feather the throttle to get it up to speed. The gas cap had a hunk out of the rim of it. I took it off, and looked like water in there but not gas??? smelled it and not much gas odor. I turned it over and poured the fuel out or water i should say. Filled with fresh gas and it fired right up, no carb problem whatso ever. The gas cap leaked which is why the water was in there im sure as it was filling up as the saw rode in a truck till put in the shop to sit. Runs fine idle/WOT, will cut in the small log i cut and will take a fast throttle grab return to idle and all. He said well maybe it idles up ???

So i have a running 445 now that needs a gas cap.

Doubt i will get this lucky on the next one but who cares.

These guys dont have time to fool with stuff, esp with the guys that they hire. If it dont run and stay running they will destroy it trying to "fix" it or just not use um. Way cheaper for production to run a flawless saw and they cant have down time.

Reactions: ScotO
I thought i was going to start a rebuild thread.... Got the first of a few saws. I had another thread started on rebuilding but this one does not need it!

Its a 445, he thought i guess that it was a 142 is why i posted yesterday about that saw. Said he will bring me all the saws that he does not need for parts.

Told me it may have a carb issue, need rebuild or something. That you have to "maybe" feather the throttle to get it up to speed. The gas cap had a hunk out of the rim of it. I took it off, and looked like water in there but not gas??? smelled it and not much gas odor. I turned it over and poured the fuel out or water i should say. Filled with fresh gas and it fired right up, no carb problem whatso ever. The gas cap leaked which is why the water was in there im sure as it was filling up as the saw rode in a truck till put in the shop to sit. Runs fine idle/WOT, will cut in the small log i cut and will take a fast throttle grab return to idle and all. He said well maybe it idles up ???

So i have a running 445 now that needs a gas cap.

Doubt i will get this lucky on the next one but who cares.

These guys dont have time to fool with stuff, esp with the guys that they hire. If it dont run and stay running they will destroy it trying to "fix" it or just not use um. Way cheaper for production to run a flawless saw and they cant have down time.
Sounds like a good deal, Clem

You know what they say, even the blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.....in this case the blind squirrel gave his nut to you....for free!!;)

OK here is a few pics. I also see now as I am taking pics that it has a cracked handle.

Its a little oily as those guys whole truck beds are like that. Every thing has a coating of hydraulic oil on it.

Attachments

• IMG_20130716_194156.jpg
    IMG_20130716_194156.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20130716_194200.jpg
    IMG_20130716_194200.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20130716_194156.jpg
    IMG_20130716_194156.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 145
Not sure what happened with the first attempt?

Got a nice back up / liming saw !
Compliments your 390 well
Free is good too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.