Free - McCulloch silver eagle chainsaw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hills Hoard

Minister of Fire
Mar 19, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Scored this on hard rubbish today. All i did was put a bit of fuel in, pump the primer till i felt fuel squishing through, pulled the choke, pulled 3-4 times till it almost took, put the choke half way, 2-3 more pulls, almost started, choke in then BANG....fired up, sounded eager and healthy...went and chopped a small silver wattle down just to test it.......this is my new chainsaw for camping trips!...

On a serious note, who can tell me about the silver eagles?...im guessing cheap and nasty if it was thrown on hard rubbish...i know nothing about them...

On a not so serious note, my wife said it would never start when i brought it home.......you should have seen the look on her face when i walked into the house revving the chainsaw i had just found on hard rubbish...>>

Attachments

• 20130526_172921.jpg
    20130526_172921.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 451
Reactions: raybonz
Great find don't much about that Silver. Unique to your area? I've just got a standard McCulloch.

What is your bar length?

Free is ALWAYS good!

Never heard of that model but anti-vibration would make it a better model.. Good score!

Ray

i dont know the bar length, but from my guesstimate and the number "18" in the model number (2318) im going to say its an 18" bar....i will measure today....im also going to give it a proper looking over, clean and lube...

so i gave it a clean today...(one before shot) ...came up sweat.....it needs a new fuel primer and thought it was a bit gutless cutting some wood today, but its perfect for my camping saw.....i actually have a camping trip coming up and look forward to giving it a work out then....

Attachments

• 20130527_141734.jpg
    20130527_141734.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 594
  • 20130527_144230.jpg
    20130527_144230.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 412
  • 20130527_144239.jpg
    20130527_144239.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 415
You have the right idea - clean it up and put in the minimum to keep it running - great saw for junking around with - camping, etc. - if it blows up, back on the rubbish heap! Good find! Cheers!

Reactions: Hills Hoard
Free working saw. :)
super score.
You can abuse it & not feel bad.

Reactions: Hills Hoard
Status
Not open for further replies.