Free PDF maker?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maple1

Minister of Fire
Sep 15, 2011
Nova Scotia
Wasn't sure where to put this. Have a kid messaging me from college asking about one. I have an Adobe paid product. What's a good free one? Right now she just wants to be able to print to a PDF.

I have been using the free cute pdf on my laptop for 2 yrs and it's great. You push Ctrl+P and select cute pdf and tell it where to save the file. That's it. I've done probably 50 documents and they all came out correctly as long as you set vert/landscape correctly.

PDF Creator is another good one for redirecting print output to PDF format - works well with Open Office, Word, etc. - what our daughters use while at college.

http://download.pdfforge.org/

* Just need to pay attention during the install - it has a typical 'ad supported' install freeware option / need to (uncheck) the checkmark(s) for the product offer when prompted.

Thanks for the feedback everyone - I combined that with a very rushed 2 hours of googling & suggested Bullzip to her.

She's not all that handy with computers, and from reading I did sounded like it was easy to end up with more than you wanted with PDF Creator (a Wiki read sounded really bad). I should have gotten onto this a couple weeks ago when she was home. Will post back with results if/when she goes thru with it & tries it out - makes it hard when they're away from home sometimes.

If Bullzip doesn't work out have her try CutePDF.

Status
Not open for further replies.