Free Samples Of Super Cedar Firestarters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my 100 ct box. After trying the free sample along with Duraflame firestarters and fatwood, the Supercedars are the best and well worth the (modest) extra cost, in my opinion.

Fred

(Gotta find the time to put together a signature and avatar.)

Super Cedars are the best thing since split wood. :coolsmile: Rick

Got my samples and tried them, they work great. I'll have to save up and put in an order. Thanks for the samples. I just wanted to add that I've been using the top down method and it works every time and that's in a fireplace.

I tried the fatwood and I wasn't impressed.
I've been using the firestarters from Wally world so I can't wait to see how the Cedars compare.
If they are as good as everyone says...I'm in.

e-mail sent! thanks

I just sent my email, thank you for the samples

Looking forward to trying these.
Thanks for the offer, Thomas.

Many thanks- VERY prompt delivery of the samples. I just used the 4th quarter of the first one to light a fire- and just ordered a case of 100, too! Excellent product, anyone want some of these newspapers I've got piled up here?

Nat

wingarcher said:
Many thanks- VERY prompt delivery of the samples. I just used the 4th quarter of the first one to light a fire- and just ordered a case of 100, too! Excellent product, anyone want some of these newspapers I've got piled up here?

Nat

I suspect that happens to many of us! :)

A good stove, a good chimney, well seasoned wood and the Super Cedar starters sure make starting a fire easy! One match, close the door and check back in 15 minutes.

Ken

EasyEd said:
So, are you guys using these as is to light the seasoned wood with no paper or kindling?

Not exactly, Ed. The way I use them is to toss some kindling or splitter trash into the stove, place 1/4 of a Super Cedar on/in it, toss some more on top, then some kindling and small splits. Sneak a lighter in there where I can get to the starter, light it up and off she goes. No paper, but certainly some kindling to get 'er goin'. If I'm in the mood, I'll do a "top-down", basically the same way, except stack it all "upside down", starting with the splits on the bottom of the firebox. Still gotta establish that nice hot bed of coals before starting with the larger splits. I love these things...no more newspaper. Try 'em out and see how you like 'em. Rick

Email sent...
Thanks in advance!

How do you cut them in quarters? Maul or splitter?

Bubbavh said:
Email sent...
Thanks in advance!

How do you cut them in quarters? Maul or splitter?

I usually use my fingers and my opposable thumbs. :p Rick

They will start larger splits without kindling or newspaper. You might want to use 1/2 though. If you use a whole one you will not need the splits, just throw in the rounds.
Thomas

NW Fuels said:
They will start larger splits without kindling or newspaper. You might want to use 1/2 though. If you use a whole one you will not need the splits, just throw in the rounds.
Thomas

That's a good point. They burn for a good long time. I've never used more than 1/4. When I run out of all my splitter trash & other small stuff, I'll try 1/2 on some larger stuff & see how that does. I predict success. Easier than splitting a bucket of kindling in the snow! Rick

fossil said:
NW Fuels said:
Thomas

That's a good point. They burn for a good long time. I've never used more than 1/4. When I run out of all my splitter trash & other small stuff, I'll try 1/2 on some larger stuff & see how that does. I predict success. Easier than splitting a bucket of kindling in the snow! Rick

If you only start a fire once a year then splitting a few splits into some kindling then you don't need much kindling

fossil said:
EasyEd said:
So, are you guys using these as is to light the seasoned wood with no paper or kindling?

Not exactly, Ed. The way I use them is to toss some kindling or splitter trash into the stove, place 1/4 of a Super Cedar on/in it, toss some more on top, then some kindling and small splits. Sneak a lighter in there where I can get to the starter, light it up and off she goes. No paper, but certainly some kindling to get 'er goin'. If I'm in the mood, I'll do a "top-down", basically the same way, except stack it all "upside down", starting with the splits on the bottom of the firebox. Still gotta establish that nice hot bed of coals before starting with the larger splits. I love these things...no more newspaper. Try 'em out and see how you like 'em. Rick

I've used these to start the charcoal in my grill, no fluid residue when getting it ready. The quarter piece lasts for a while so I can imagine how long a whole piece will burn. With dry wood I'm sure that a 1/2 or whole can get some splits going rather quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.