FREE spilt pine!!!!!!!! (Marlborough CT)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice.... gee he won't deliver?? ha!

What a deal if only I were close enough... only the work to get there, load, unload and stack. Perhaps re-cut if too long, but that's ok too :)

Well heck. I am too far away and my piping isn't insulated. :coolsmirk:

I'm 8 miles away and just emailed him. What is the concern with insulated piping? does it burn too hot? I burn mostly oak but I could mix it up I suppose.

I'd guess it's gone by now. Regarding the insulated pipe... I suppose another east coast myth.

Wet1 said:
I'd guess it's gone by now. Regarding the insulated pipe... I suppose another east coast myth.

Uninsulated pipe = cooler burn + pine = going bald, flat tires and possible death. :p

It ain't no big deal as long as your stack temp stays high enough. BroB knows this and I think was just throwing out a tongue in cheek jab at us "insulate your pipe" guys.

Edit: I think the heat is getting to the ol'boy down there :lol: his NC30 probably still hasn't cooled off completely from its last burn.

Jags said:
I think the heat is getting to the ol'boy down there :lol:

True dat.

I think I'd even pick that up even tho I'm a certified hardwood snob! Maybe hold onto it til late winter and sell it for a couple hundred bucks when everyone is running out of wood. :coolgrin:

I keep finding those loads of pine at the mulch pile. Nice 20+ diameter rounds already cut, bigger ones even quartered. If there is a trailer load there, I have a hard time passing them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.