Free stand Sante Fe confused?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

showdogs

Dec 3, 2008
south east mass
Santa Fe freestand installed 5 weeks ago. Runs and heats great but in the last few days it seems to get confused about starting when the call for heat comes on. I don't see any pellets coming in and it just seems to be not working towards starting. I hit the reset button and all seems fine after that. Any thoughts on this? I am afraid that this can happen during the day when I am not home and I can't reset the button. Just what does the reset button do? Other than this problem I am more than pleased with the unit. I have run maybe 25 bags through it. Suggestions anyone?

As a realtively newbie Quad owner (got my Santa Fe the beginning of August) who just learned AGAIN about the necessity of cleaning the stove.....may I suggest that you empty and vaccuum out the hopper? I know that my stove looses efficiency when the fines build up at the bottom of the auger chute. Just take your little shop vac in there and suck up whatever it will grab. If you lose a few pellets to the vac, so what? The stove will burn better for it.

The reset button just breaks the thermostat circuit, light off no heat, light on call for heat. Make sure the thermocouple is seated all the way in the ceramic holder, it has a tendency to creep out.

Status
Not open for further replies.