Free standing heat shield for sides of stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kobudo

Sep 10, 2008
MN
My stove is situated between the kitchen and living room so it has plenty of clearance behind it.
There are two large pine directly on either side of the stove at minimum specd clearance. I would feel more comfortable if they had some shielding. Is anyone familiar with freestanding shields that would work for the sides of the stove?

I think you could take some single wall stove pipe and open it up at the seam. Then mount it to the pillars using 1" ceramic spacers. Or perhaps just by a stove pipe shield kit and mount it to the pillars?

What stove is this? They make side and rear shields for some stoves.

They are quite large - Diameter 17" to 22" I would guess.

If I estimate the diameter at 20" the circmnce would be 10" x 3.14 so about 31 inches around +/-.

Circumference is pi x D (π*d). With a diameter of 20" it would be around 63". Only the side facing the corner of the stove needs shielding or about 1/3d the circumference. You could get some 36" x 20" strips of sheet metal cut up and mount them with ceramic spacers.

Status
Not open for further replies.