Free wood Cutting partner wanted Northern IL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Feb 4, 2009
Northern ,IL
I am clearing out 7 acres near rt 66 raceway and could use some help payment is free firewood.
There are all 30 year old Hickory,Chineese Elm ,Locoust and 4-5 Decent size maple.
There is also 22 tree's in the orchard apple and pear. I am going to be cutting and hauling all weekend. Some of the wood will go to the property owner . No clean up leave limbs on the ground. JUst drop buck and truck

Whoa! You should get plenty of people interested in this one!

Good for posting, I was lucky enough to get a guy on here to let me cut with him this past year on a site like this. A word of caution, MAKE SURE THEY CAN CUT. Not just can cut, but cut like you like to cut. We had a guy come in that could cut and put three or four trees in other trees and left them. Never came back. Just a suggestion. Plenty more guys could cut any area if they just talked and understood what each wanted.
Hope this may help, good luck wish it was near me.
Chad

Too bad you are not closer I could give you a hand You could keep the wood i have plenty ( The Judge MS460 ) needs to hold a trial again .

Appreciate the offer. Tempting, but it's 72 miles from Libertyville (my location). If I had a larger truck and trailer, maybe... I can only handle about 1 cord with my current set up.

looks like I will be cutting solo today
If any one is interested call me 630-936-0888 Dave
I have a few more weeks to finish this job so if this weekend does not work I will be out there for the next few

Again too far for me and can only haul less than a cord. sounds fun though. If I had a bigger truck and huge trailer and somewhere to stack it, Id be there.

I made good progress this weekend

cleared the orchard got apple wood for days
5 walnuts, 6 smaller maple and 4 nut tree's
Dropped the big locust and all I have left is the 4 big maple

Wow, hard to believe nobody has taken you up on this. If you can't find any takers here, try over on AS. I'm sure you could find some help on CL, but who knows what caliber of person would show up...

I don't need the help but it never hurts. The quality of help is also a reason why I posted here as most either are experienced or are willing to learn. If no takern more wood for me :)

There are 4 hard maples 24-30 in trunk and about 40-50 ft tall how many cord do you think are in those??

wow thats only about a 100 mile round trip for me, straight up I 55
wish I had a bigger trailer to make it worth the gas.

I'm about 160 round trip to the track. Go right by it eveytime I'm going to my aunts in Palos Hills. Nice of you to offer the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.