FREE wood - Do you know what it is???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me where that score is so I can get at it.

Sure. Travel North/West on 189 through Bloomfield towards Granby and you'll see tons of houses with tress cut down by CLP. I knocked on the doors and people were happy to have them take away. You will need a chainsaw though. I was only able to grab pieces that 2 of us could lift and load. There are some gargantuan pieces that will be nice when bucked up but can't really be loaded as is without heavy equipment.

The second wood looks like American Elm. Elm is good firewood, probably similar to birch in terms of drying and BTUs.

is/was there mucus under the bark if so then maybe slippery elm. It has wider growth rings than most other varieties of elm, real heavy when green( water weight) dries out in about a year fairly light then. a few notches up the scale from Silver maple. As has been noted it is BTU's at the correct price. ( also referred to as piss elm)
Another thought Siberian elm ( also some times called Chinese elm)

Status
Not open for further replies.