Free Wood from a neighbor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

man of stihl

Feb 28, 2010
Mississippi
Got a good neighbor that has given me several trees over the years, well he stopped by yesterday and said the power company had to cut some trees in his yard to keep them off some lines and that I could have the wood..he even said don't worry about cleaning up the small stuff/trash because his grandson likes to burn it in the fire pit. :coolsmile:

This is what it looked like when I drove up.
WoodLoad03_25_10.jpg

After a little Stihl work......
WoodLoad03_25_10_2.jpg

Some of it loaded up on my 16 foot trailer......
WoodLoad03_25_10_3.jpg

Now that is what I call a good neighbor!

Sweet!!!! great score!!!

Billy

Thats a nice trunk!

Great score.

Lovin' the trailer.

The tree in this pic is great solid red oak, all of it is solid but about 4 feet at the base end of the trunk, it is hollowed out/rotten in the center, the rest is good. The other trees he gave me are a pine, and another red oak that has been standing dead for several years, it still has a good center in it about 10-12 inches across at the butt end so i am going to cut it up and see what I can get out of it...ya know...waste not,..want not! :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.