Free wood, I mean Pellets on the side of the road!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Driving to work this morning I came across 3 bags of pellets which apparantley fell of the back of someone's vehicle. Pellets were scattered everywhere and two bags were obviously ruptured and deflated. I slowed down when I noticed the 3rd bag half full thinking 'Hey!, free pellets!', but then I saw they were Trebios. I figured they were all mixed up in road salt and dirt, which is how they seem to burn in my stove when I tried them new. Seemed like a good resting place for them so I took a sip of my coffee and kept on going.

I'm gonna hold out for the lost bags of Oakies or VTs sitting quietly on the curb.

Status
Not open for further replies.