Free wood: ID please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct about #2 being cherry. The first is not. And the 3rd is still a ?
The 1st and 2nd is the same piece different lighting, doesn't look like cherry to me but maybe it's a species I don't have around here.

The 1st and 2nd is the same piece different lighting, doesn't look like cherry to me but maybe it's a species I don't have around here.
1 and 2 are different. # 3 is also different. And how do you see different lighting one 3 split faces then flipped over for a bark pic?

I think my sarcastic post may be causing some confusion. The OP has honey locust in the first 2 pics. Have my suspicions about his 2nd pair of pics being from the same tree. My post contains 3 distinct species. One of which is cherry, the 2nd split.
Split 1?
Split 3?

I think my sarcastic post may be causing some confusion.

Yeah, sarcasm doesn't fly real well here in any case, and it's especially pointless coming from a new poster with no reputation to lean on. If you want your claims taken seriously you're going to have to support them, not just repeat them.

Yeah, sarcasm doesn't fly real well here in any case, and it's especially pointless coming from a new poster with no reputation to lean on. If you want your claims taken seriously you're going to have to support them, not just repeat them.
As sarcastic as my post with pics was meant to be, I know what's in my stacks. The pics were more for some visuals because of all the "guess work" going on here. Do you know what they are?

See, you're still doing it. Your pics aren't good enough for anyone to be sure, and you are still making unsupported assertions. I'm guessing you can do better.

See, you're still doing it. Your pics aren't good enough for anyone to be sure, and you are still making unsupported assertions. I'm guessing you can do better.
My pics are the best ones in the thread. Also goes to show that I do know very well what's in my pics. If you don't know that's not my fault. My sarcasm continues because you called me out. Have you ever even seen a honey locust split? Or even the whole tree?

I'm a gonna let someone else handle you. Have a nice day.

Reactions: NoStove
Status
Not open for further replies.