free wood ID?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2010
Coastal MA
im burning (eventually!) it regardless, but out of curiosity? im thinking some sort of maple? splits likes butter, easy as pie, and im no hulk!

Attachments

• IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_0316.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 307
Ash, probably white.

+1 on the ash

Baby got ash!

APersonalMatter said:
you know, i thought it might be ash.. this stuff is great to split, i feel like a manly man! jejeje

Yep - you stare hard enough at ash rounds like that and they almost split on the spot! Cheers!

NH_Wood, that only happens with my wife. They split out of fear.

Backwoods Savage said:
NH_Wood, that only happens with my wife. They split out of fear.

Ha! If my wife split at all I'd be happy! Just kidding - I'm happy to do the 'outside' work and she stays home with our three wee ones, home schools, and handles the inside work - I'll split wood! Cheers and Merry Christmas!

My wife posed for pictures with the maul once... I don't think she's picked it up since.

Matt

Not Birch or spruce,
Must be ash.

We would never charge for a wood identification in this forum. Just kiddin. Ash has those colored rings around here, too. Splits real easy - great stuff.

if its splits easy its NOT elm which is good for you. could be ash or perhaps maple. good btus either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.