Free Wood @ NJ DPW

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catskill

If I needed wood I would know exactly where to find it. I was at a neighboring town's Dept. of Public Works yard doing some recycling and they had AN ENORMOUS amount of wood there for the taking. I recognized some oak and maple in the piles. Bring a chain saw and muscle. Location is in northern NJ zip 07626.

Catskill said:
If I needed wood I would know exactly where to find it. I was at a neighboring town's Dept. of Public Works yard doing some recycling and they had AN ENORMOUS amount of wood there for the taking. I recognized some oak and maple in the piles. Bring a chain saw and muscle. Location is in northern NJ zip 07626.

Around here our DPW has huge piles of wood in the parking lot, but they use it to heat their garage all winter!

NJtomatoguy was had a post saying the same thing...but they delivered. Around here you can go to the local green landfill for free wood...but as more people do it I imagine they'll be forced to change the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.