Free wood!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dali Lima

Oct 22, 2007
Central Connecticut
What a great way to start the week. I was talking to my friend at work about the stove that I'm installing and we discussed the type and location, etc... I mentioned that I had a few trees around that I want to cut down (dead / partially dead trees at my sister's house, my mother-in-law's house, etc) and this guy is a tree cutter and offered to help any time I'm cutting. So that is a bonus... but then he says...

"I have an extra cord of three-year seasoned wood that needs to burn and I probably won't get to it. I'll give it to you, mostly hardwoods."

Pretty sweet! I offered to simply buy it from him, but he insisted on giving it to me. Good times!

you'll learn, you need to always be yapping about wood...... theres always someone around you that has, knows of, or has passed a pile of wood or cutting tree or will be soon.
ummm wood...

Pay attention to the brand/type chain and bar oil he uses and either buy him some of give him a gift card for Baileys or some other useful source of chainsaw parts, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.