Free Wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't look like much of a deal- too many demands.
Don't think there will be many 'Takers'.
Morons ?- I don't know, Fishing for a sucker- for sure.

MANIAC said:
http://nh.craigslist.org/zip/468094007.html

Maybe this should go in the ASH CAN but am I the only one who thinks people that post stuff like this are morons?
OOOOhhh! Such a deal! I can meet you and we cna jump right on it!!..... Maybe WE could pay THEM for the privilage!!

I should have saved the one from a week or so ago. Two pictures of the big "free" maple tree posted on Craig's List. One showing the power lines and the other showing the wood fence and house. Of course they wanted proof of insurance and the brush cleaned up. But, you did get to keep the free wood.

I guess you can't blame people for trying but it would be nice if they were a bit more realistic.

Well don't know if they found a taker or not, but the listing is gone...

Gooserider

I didn't see that ad before it was pulled, but I can guess. Lots of that around here, clueless folks who think their trees are just so valuable or greedy folks who think their perfect fool is a click away. Then there's the folks who want to sell you their downed trees - you cut, split, and haul, of course. I assume most of these ads are later reposted for free, although I've not kept track. Certainly it's cheaper to give it away then to have the tree service come back for the pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.