Freestanding Stove + Ductwork

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grdx6mt

May 6, 2014
NW MT
Hi, wondering if this is a thing?

I'm looking to install a freestanding propane stove (or possibly fake fireplace) with a direct vent through the wall. I'd like to have a duct for hot air to pass through the ceiling and into the room above. That's it, just one extra place to dump hot air.

Is this something that is factory made? I can't find any info on such a unit. Obviously I could make a vent with a hole and some duct work but I was hoping there was a premade option to help me control temps in both rooms.

Thanks for any assistance.

Hi, wondering if this is a thing?

I'm looking to install a freestanding propane stove (or possibly fake fireplace) with a direct vent through the wall. I'd like to have a duct for hot air to pass through the ceiling and into the room above. That's it, just one extra place to dump hot air.

Is this something that is factory made? I can't find any info on such a unit. Obviously I could make a vent with a hole and some duct work but I was hoping there was a premade option to help me control temps in both rooms.

Thanks for any assistance.

Heat & Glo used to have gas fireplaces with a "Heat Take-Off" kit. The 6000 TRX-I comes to mind, & I believe there were others...
Not sure if there are any models still available, but that's where I'd start looking...

Heat & Glo used to have gas fireplaces with a "Heat Take-Off" kit. The 6000 TRX-I comes to mind, & I believe there were others...
Not sure if there are any models still available, but that's where I'd start looking...

Thanks so much, that got me looking in the right place! I like the looks of the 6000 model....

You appear to be absolutely right- I was concentrating on the free-standing stove units but perhaps the only way to get what I'm looking for is the fireplace setup. A little more work to get it in, but they do look nice. Not cheap though!

Status
Not open for further replies.