Freestanding unit recommendation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Fate

Feeling the Heat
Jan 17, 2013
Northwest Ohio
Thinking changing one of my wood stoves out . Looking at a Lopi that looks like a wood stove. Looks nice , 4 grand ,6 grand installed . WOW . Anyone got any suggestions for a cheaper version?

Thinking changing one of my wood stoves out . Looking at a Lopi that looks like a wood stove. Looks nice , 4 grand ,6 grand installed . WOW . Anyone got any suggestions for a cheaper version?
Just recently, I installed a BK Chinook 30. I could not be more impressed with this stove. The output is amazing and there is very little you can do wrong.
My wife has our old Osburn figured out, but was alone with the new stove for a few days. By the time I returned, she was running the stove like a seasoned vet.
Our temps are in the mid-teens now and steadily dropping. Once the bottom drops out, I am sure we will be happy with the way this stove burns.
It was right around $3400 delivered.

Just recently, I installed a BK Chinook 30. I could not be more impressed with this stove. The output is amazing and there is very little you can do wrong.
My wife has our old Osburn figured out, but was alone with the new stove for a few days. By the time I returned, she was running the stove like a seasoned vet.
Our temps are in the mid-teens now and steadily dropping. Once the bottom drops out, I am sure we will be happy with the way this stove burns.
It was right around $3400 delivered.

That's a wood stove? Was asking about Gas

And I did like the BK you speak of

Status
Not open for further replies.