fresh air supplied woodstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

creekscout

Oct 26, 2016
se pa.
I am trying to find out what woodstoves are available that have a provision for a fresh air supply. I have a home that is so airtight that I require this feature to get it to burn properly. Presently using a harman cw 30 that has that option but I am looking for a dedicated woodstove with that option.

I am trying to find out what woodstoves are available that have a provision for a fresh air supply. I have a home that is so airtight that I require this feature to get it to burn properly. Presently using a harman cw 30 that has that option but I am looking for a dedicated woodstove with that option.

You have a ton of options. What is your price range, sq ft, etc?

You have a ton of options. What is your price range, sq ft, etc?
I have a house of about 2800 sq. ft. but it is super insulated, I presently heat it with the cw30 which is rated at a maximum of 75000btu with coal which is what I primarily burn right now. I do not want to spend more than about 1500 as then it would not pay me to change to wood of which I have plenty, but to just continue to burn coal which I usually consume about 3 ton a season. I would also hope the woodstove could easily be able to hold for about 8 hrs. a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.