Fresh Air Vent for Century- Model: FW300010 or any wood stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny878

Nov 30, 2007
Missouri
Hello all, I am new to the forum and have read lots of good information. I am getting ready to install my stove this weekend weather permitting. Anyhow this is the stove that I have-

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=135410-1639-FW300010&lpage=none

This is where I hope basic physics will take effect. I want to build a custom vent using square tubing pipe. The pipe would replace the current air control unit on the front of the unit and would be adaptable to a pipe that would exit the home. The idea is, instead of pulling air from the inside of the house, which in turn would pull cold air from every niche, cranny, and leaky window, it would be drawn directly from the outside. Now the interior air will warm up and expand creating air pressure inside the home. The result is hot air being pushed out of the house.

Any thoughts?

I have the same Century stove and really like it. If you are used to the old style stove with big primary air holes, you'll soon realize that the new ones don't pull in as much room air. I would try it first without any modifications and then add them if you feel they're needed.

chettt.

I will keep that in mind about the modifications. Maybe give it a try first and then change it like you were saying. However, moving that stove around is a task, and it is currently in my garage next to the welder. ;) My friend had the old style stove with the larger primary holes and his house was HOT. You could feel the heat spread evenly through out the home. It worked really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.