Fresh air with Montpelier

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bari7230

Oct 22, 2011
NJ
Hello,
Asking for some suggestions and comments,
After looking at many inserts with all the options I finally ordered a Vermont Casting insert Montpelier type.
I may have overlooked at one major option, Fresh Air option, creating an 4†fresh air flow to the insert.
Other inserts have it, the Montpelier doesn’t (correct me if I’m wrong), I was sure it has it because all other inserts I was reading about have this option.
I was reading the manual over and over and I can’t find this option.
Where exactly the Montpelier takes the fresh air, or maybe from multiple locations, inside the fireplace, and from the room, please advice.
What are my option, what modifications I can do so that fresh air will get to the unit and not taking the room air.
Thanks for your help in advance

Welcome Veronika. I see this in their specification brochure. It's odd that the outside air connection is not documented. Did you talk with your dealer about this?

Attachments

• vc mont.jpg
    vc mont.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 176
That seems odd, the diagram was fresh off their site. I would expect that they would have to post clear caveats in the manual if it didn't have an outside air option. My understanding is that this would have it banned in WA state and for mobile home use.

Status
Not open for further replies.