Fresh New Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stump_Branch

Minister of Fire
Nov 12, 2010
MD
Hello, i have been lingering around the website for quite some time, great knowledge here.
Just bought a house a few months ago with the wife, with the requirments that i get a nice sized yard, basement, garage and oh yeah a fireplace! (no garage yet but three out of four aint bad) House needed total renovation and after touching every single square inch five times over i have made my way to the fireplace. Silly wife wanted a kitchen and bathroom first.
Been burning since i can remember when i still lived with the parents. My chores included but werent limited to, splitting, stacking, stoking and ash duty. of course now that i own one i get to do the felling and bucking too, not half bad.
Decided to post pictures of the install this past weekend. Not quite finished but should be all wrapped up come this weekend.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Epal29

I am looking to see the "finished product" Wifey will be loving it when its all done.

Yeah she has been nagging at me to get it all put together, although se certainly is not complaining about the HEAT! She is a pretty good helper too i might add. its just that 11 hour a day "job" that keeps getting in my way.

...if only i could figure out a way to cut, split and burn for a living... i'd be set.

Status
Not open for further replies.