Fresh pizza on the Bbq

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeheat

Minister of Fire
Made some pizza for the fam tonight turned out great, the first one was fresh basil cheese tomato and onion, my daughter wanted mushrooms and onion image.jpg

tell me you used some hickory or applewood to help smoke that pizza.....
looks delicious!

Reactions: ScotO
First time on the grill but turned out great, made my own fresh dough,that's the ticket for pizza, there wasn't much left

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: ScotO
First time on the grill but turned out great, made my own fresh dough,that's the ticket for pizza
The dough AND, if you have the right recipe, homemade sauce.......I have a great sauce recipe. I used to grow 60 tomato plants every year, we'd make our own sauce (recipe had some honey in it), man is that sauce ever good....

Looks real good. Applewood, Hmmm. I bought a pizza tonight for dinner. I feel so ashamed. :(

Reactions: Ashful
Those pizza stones hold up well to placement on a grill? I use a chimney and a quarter SuperCedar to get my charcoal going, dump it into the Weber, install the grate... and then stick the pizza stone in there? I'm surprised the thermal shock doesn't break it.

Good stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.