Freshening up old P23 Breckwell

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPCOMP

Oct 15, 2008
Upstate NY
Hi all,

My P23 is an older unit (1994?)

It runs good, but I got it real cheap and don't mind freshing it up.

Should I splurge for a new combustion blower? Mine rattles a little and I have a feeling it might not be as strong as a new one.

Also I noticed the newer style burn pots are much smaller than mine. Would I see benefits by getting the newer smaller pot? Does it burn more efficient? It looks like it might have better airflow then mine.

Thanks all for the input.

-John

JPCOMP said:
Should I splurge for a new combustion blower? Mine rattles a little and I have a feeling it might not be as strong as a new one.

Also I noticed the newer style burn pots are much smaller than mine. Would I see benefits by getting the newer smaller pot? Does it burn more efficient? It looks like it might have better airflow then mine.....

hey John,

the forum resident Breckwell "expert" is Eric at Kinsman Stoves....why don't you shoot him a PM or email, and ask him. And if he does think some replacements are in order, he's a Breckwell dealer and he is a good guy in terms of price for parts for Hearth.com forum members.

Status
Not open for further replies.