Fridays Work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Looks like I'll have Friday off so this area above the brook is next, we have some nice cherry down with some small pine. I hope everything is bucked up by the end of the day so Saturday I can work on the Cherry that is just east of this.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_2339.jpg
    100_2339.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 236
  • 100_2337.jpg
    100_2337.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 261
  • 100_2334.jpg
    100_2334.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 268
  • 100_2336.jpg
    100_2336.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 262
Zap, I cut again today as it was real warm. Snow is melting fast now. It does seem good to not have all the snow on the wood when loading. We did have a touch of freezing rain early this morning but it warmed quite fast. Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer.

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, I cut again today as it was real warm. Snow is melting fast now. It does seem good to not have all the snow on the wood when loading. We did have a touch of freezing rain early this morning but it warmed quite fast. Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer.

Glad that you cut again today Sav, looks like the warm up is here for a few days which will make it nice working in the woods. Sav the attached picture is the brook that I'll be working by friday when we had very high waters. I'll be working back from the brook about 50-70 yards plus it steps up some.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1585.jpg
    100_1585.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 210
Still looks good even with high water.

Zap - you bothering with processing the pine? Cheers!

NH_Wood said:
Zap - you bothering with processing the pine? Cheers!

Not really, I'm cleaning up this area so we can hang out in the summer just above the brook so I'll burn it in the fireplace that is on the honey do list.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.