fridgidare side by side ice maker issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsman23

Minister of Fire
Aug 26, 2008
western southern tier of NYS
My ice maker is not working and was just fine. i opened the freezer and seen Frozen water everywhere including the ice bin. i removed the bin and melted the frozen water at the bottom and reinstalled, put down the arm for the ice maker but no dice no ice being made. Is there a way to reset the ice maker or maybe a frozen water feed line??.

Make sure the fill tube feeding into the ice maker is not frozen. I see this a lot. I bet you have a water valve not seating and allowing the water to trickle into the ice maker causing all that ice build up. Good luck

Try leaving the door open for a while or un-thawing the ice maker with a hair dryer. I had mine freeze up once.

If you can find the water feed line and get to it, use a hair dryer to thaw the line and you may be OK. I have had to do this a few times on a Maytag. I hope this helps!

woodsmaster said:
Try leaving the door open for a while or un-thawing the ice maker with a hair dryer...
lammi66 said:
...use a hair dryer to thaw the line ...
Can a hair dryer do both? %-P

LLigetfa said:
woodsmaster said:
Try leaving the door open for a while or un-thawing the ice maker with a hair dryer...
lammi66 said:
...use a hair dryer to thaw the line ...
Can a hair dryer do both? %-P

Not sure, may have to use a heat gun for one. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.